MALALA DAY EVENT
Malala Yousufzai, the youngest Nobel Laureate has become a worldwide name for her outstanding story of struggle advocating EDUCATION as a basic human right for every child irrespective of socio economic and gender discriminations. She fiercely fought for the education of girls in Taliban contolled Pakistan after which she was mercilessly attacked by bullets. On 12th july,2013, Yousufzai’s birthday , she made an appearance at the UN Assembly and spoke for the worldwide access to education. The UN christened the event as Malala Day.
The Honourable Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh in order to acknowledge the Historical movement in Right to Education space in UP empowering lives of thousands of children from the underprivileged sections of the society, held an event at his official residence on July 12th,2016. The event was organized by Bharat Abhyudaya Foundation in collaboration with Basic Education Department of Government of UP.
- To acknowledge the immense efforts of the UP Government and BAF in achieving historical success in implementing the section 12.c of Right To Education Act in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- To establish government’s commitment towards inclusive education by ensuring equal access to quality education to all through RTE Section 12.
- To initiate mass awareness campaign and social inclusion annual plan for schools for the subsequent admission plans
- To Facilitate the schools that played a positive role in giving admission to poor students so that other schools are also encouraged to be more inclusive.
- Malala brought about a radical change in the lives of thousands of girls who were denied their right to get educated. RTE on similar lines envisions to bring revolution in the field of education sector in India.